Tag Archives: Python

BadRequestError on django non-rel with Google App Engine

I’ve been playing around with Django lately, and have stumbled upon the glory of Django-nonrel (and it’s ability to use Google App Engine).

It’s all been heaven, except for when I tried deploying a test application. I got this weird BadRequestError and it seems that my application name had a “s~” prefixed to it.

After hours on Google, I think I found the root of the problem, but then updated the code someone else posted a bit to make it easier to use (they had it so that one would specify 2 environment variables, I’ve updated it to be just one).
Continue reading